Headless traveller 'Was Threatened'
BEHEADED Northaw traveller John Finney was threatened by a man with a London accent before his kidnap and murder, a court heard yesterday (Thursday). William Spencer, a distant cousin and drinking partner
BEHEADED Northaw traveller John Finney was threatened by a man with a London accent before his kidnap and murder, a court heard yesterday (Thursday).
William Spencer, a distant cousin and drinking partner of the victim, told the court the father-of-four had received some threatening phone calls prior to his abduction.
Prosecutor William Harbage QC asked Mr Spencer about these calls, to which he replied: "I asked if it was another gypsy (threatening him) and he said it was a London accent, a non-gypsy."
Mr Spencer also revealed that Mr Finney, 42, had been "very scared" by the threats.
You may also want to watch:
The naked, headless and handless body of Mr Finney was found slumped against a garage block in Ickleford, near Hitchin, on March 14 last year.
The four defendants in the dock are Mark Curran, 35, of Audley Close, Muswell Hill, Norman Jones, 50, of Princess Park Manor, New Barnet, Joseph Jones, 24, of Harlech Road, New Barnet and Gary Mark Lattimore, 40, of Little Heath Road, Bexleyheath.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
They all deny murder.
The trial, at St Albans Crown Court, continues.