Headless traveller murder trial to start
FOUR men accused of murdering a traveller whose decapitated body was discovered slumped against a garage are set to go on today (Thursday). The headless and handless corpse of Northaw man John Finney was found in Ickleford, near Hitchin, on March 14 last
FOUR men accused of murdering a traveller whose decapitated body was discovered slumped against a garage are set to go on today (Thursday).
The headless and handless corpse of Northaw man John Finney was found in Ickleford, near Hitchin, on March 14 last year.
The 42-year-old father-of-four had not been seen since disappearing from his Mitsubishi 4x4, near his home at Park Farm in Northaw Road West, two weeks earlier.
The four defendants are all accused of playing a part in Mr Finney's murder.
You may also want to watch:
They are Mark Curran, 35, of Millbridge, Dollis Valley Way, Barnet; Norman Jones, 50, of Dukes Head Yard, Highgate; his son Joseph Jones, 24, of Crescent Road, New Barnet; and Garry Mark Lattimore, 40, of Bexleyheath.
The trial at St Albans Crown Court is expected to last for six weeks.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
For regular updates from the courtroom, log on to www.whtimes24.co.uk