Headless traveller murder trial to start
FOUR men accused of murdering a traveller whose decapitated body was discovered slumped against a garage are set to go on today (Thursday). The headless and handless corpse of Northaw man John Finney was found in Ickleford, near Hitchin, on March 14 last
FOUR men accused of murdering a traveller whose decapitated body was discovered slumped against a garage are set to go on today (Thursday).
The headless and handless corpse of Northaw man John Finney was found in Ickleford, near Hitchin, on March 14 last year.
The 42-year-old father-of-four had not been seen since disappearing from his Mitsubishi 4x4, near his home at Park Farm in Northaw Road West, two weeks earlier.
The four defendants are all accused of playing a part in Mr Finney's murder.
You may also want to watch:
They are Mark Curran, 35, of Millbridge, Dollis Valley Way, Barnet; Norman Jones, 50, of Dukes Head Yard, Highgate; his son Joseph Jones, 24, of Crescent Road, New Barnet; and Garry Mark Lattimore, 40, of Bexleyheath.
The trial at St Albans Crown Court is expected to last for six weeks.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 6 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
For regular updates from the courtroom, log on to www.whtimes24.co.uk