Headless traveller murder trial to start
FOUR men accused of murdering a traveller whose decapitated body was discovered slumped against a garage are set to go on today (Thursday). The headless and handless corpse of Northaw man John Finney was found in Ickleford, near Hitchin, on March 14 last
FOUR men accused of murdering a traveller whose decapitated body was discovered slumped against a garage are set to go on today (Thursday).
The headless and handless corpse of Northaw man John Finney was found in Ickleford, near Hitchin, on March 14 last year.
The 42-year-old father-of-four had not been seen since disappearing from his Mitsubishi 4x4, near his home at Park Farm in Northaw Road West, two weeks earlier.
The four defendants are all accused of playing a part in Mr Finney's murder.
You may also want to watch:
They are Mark Curran, 35, of Millbridge, Dollis Valley Way, Barnet; Norman Jones, 50, of Dukes Head Yard, Highgate; his son Joseph Jones, 24, of Crescent Road, New Barnet; and Garry Mark Lattimore, 40, of Bexleyheath.
The trial at St Albans Crown Court is expected to last for six weeks.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide
- 10 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
For regular updates from the courtroom, log on to www.whtimes24.co.uk