Headless traveller murder: Accused 'Never met victim'
A MAN accused of murdering Northaw traveller John Finney never met the victim, a court has heard. Wearing a blue striped shirt, black trousers and a black jumper, Norman Jones. appeared before St Albans Crown Court this morning (Friday) to give evidence a
A MAN accused of murdering Northaw traveller John Finney never met the victim, a court has heard.
Wearing a blue striped shirt, black trousers and a black jumper, Norman Jones. appeared before St Albans Crown Court this morning (Friday) to give evidence as the case for his defence opened.
Simon Mayo QC, for the defence, asked Jones if he had ever met Mr Finney. "I have never met John Finney in my life," he replied.
Jones, 50, also told jurors he had never visited Mr Finney's home at Park Farm in Northaw Road West.
The naked, headless and handless body of Mr Finney, 42, was found behind a garage block in Ickleford, near Hitchin, on March 14 last year.
Norman Jones, of Princess Park Manor, New Barnet is one of four defendants in the murder trial.
- 1 Hunt for stolen labrador puppy from Welwyn Garden City
- 2 LIVE: Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield A-level results 2022
- 3 Disney's Encanto, The Greatest Showman and Spider-Man movie set for free outdoor cinema in Welwyn Garden City town centre
- 4 Food supplements worth £100s stolen from Holland and Barrett shop
- 5 Overgrown country lane 'is danger' to users, says mother
- 6 Campaigners hit out at Spectator’s ‘the folly of garden cities’ piece
- 7 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 8 Rave reviews for Classic Ibiza concert ahead of Hatfield House return
- 9 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 10 Enjoy the battle for the best firework display at Hatfield House
Also accused are his son Joseph Jones, 24, of Harlech Road, New Barnet; Mark Curran, 35, of Audley Close, Muswell Hill; and Gary Mark Lattimore, 40, of Little Heath Road, Bexleyheath.
They all deny murder.
The case continues.