Headless traveller murder: Accused 'Never met victim'
A MAN accused of murdering Northaw traveller John Finney never met the victim, a court has heard. Wearing a blue striped shirt, black trousers and a black jumper, Norman Jones. appeared before St Albans Crown Court this morning (Friday) to give evidence a
A MAN accused of murdering Northaw traveller John Finney never met the victim, a court has heard.
Wearing a blue striped shirt, black trousers and a black jumper, Norman Jones. appeared before St Albans Crown Court this morning (Friday) to give evidence as the case for his defence opened.
Simon Mayo QC, for the defence, asked Jones if he had ever met Mr Finney. "I have never met John Finney in my life," he replied.
Jones, 50, also told jurors he had never visited Mr Finney's home at Park Farm in Northaw Road West.
You may also want to watch:
The naked, headless and handless body of Mr Finney, 42, was found behind a garage block in Ickleford, near Hitchin, on March 14 last year.
Norman Jones, of Princess Park Manor, New Barnet is one of four defendants in the murder trial.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
Also accused are his son Joseph Jones, 24, of Harlech Road, New Barnet; Mark Curran, 35, of Audley Close, Muswell Hill; and Gary Mark Lattimore, 40, of Little Heath Road, Bexleyheath.
They all deny murder.
The case continues.