Have your say on Welwyn Hatfield housing matters
COUNCIL tenants and leaseholders will get a bigger say after plans to form the Welwyn Hatfield Community Housing Trust were given the go-ahead.
At the borough council’s cabinet last Tuesday, it was decided people will get more opportunities to “shape the services they receive” through the trust.
Launching in April, the aim of the new organisation is to deliver more community-based projects, in partnership with the council, and to make a “positive” difference for all borough residents.
Councillor Roger Trigg, executive member for housing, said: “This is a really exciting time for Welwyn Hatfield.
“Forming the trust is an innovative step giving our communities the power to shape the services we provide.
You may also want to watch:
“We aim to become independently recognised for providing excellent housing services, which we can only achieve by involving and listening to our customers.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17