Have your say on Welwyn Hatfield housing matters
COUNCIL tenants and leaseholders will get a bigger say after plans to form the Welwyn Hatfield Community Housing Trust were given the go-ahead.
At the borough council’s cabinet last Tuesday, it was decided people will get more opportunities to “shape the services they receive” through the trust.
Launching in April, the aim of the new organisation is to deliver more community-based projects, in partnership with the council, and to make a “positive” difference for all borough residents.
Councillor Roger Trigg, executive member for housing, said: “This is a really exciting time for Welwyn Hatfield.
“Forming the trust is an innovative step giving our communities the power to shape the services we provide.
You may also want to watch:
“We aim to become independently recognised for providing excellent housing services, which we can only achieve by involving and listening to our customers.”
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?