Have your say on Welwyn Hatfield housing matters
COUNCIL tenants and leaseholders will get a bigger say after plans to form the Welwyn Hatfield Community Housing Trust were given the go-ahead.
At the borough council’s cabinet last Tuesday, it was decided people will get more opportunities to “shape the services they receive” through the trust.
Launching in April, the aim of the new organisation is to deliver more community-based projects, in partnership with the council, and to make a “positive” difference for all borough residents.
Councillor Roger Trigg, executive member for housing, said: “This is a really exciting time for Welwyn Hatfield.
“Forming the trust is an innovative step giving our communities the power to shape the services we provide.
You may also want to watch:
“We aim to become independently recognised for providing excellent housing services, which we can only achieve by involving and listening to our customers.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital