Haul of DVDs stolen from Hatfield library
MORE than 75 Blu-ray DVDs have been stolen from a library.
Herts Police are on the hunt for “one or more offenders” who took the discs from Hatfield Library, on Queensway, between March 22 and 27.
The 76 discs were all marked with ‘HCC library’ in permanent marker and all the cases have barcodes on, starting with the letter ‘H’.
Tracey Jackson from the force’s crime service team said: “The selfish actions of one or more offenders have permanently deprived other people in the county the use of these dvds and the service the county library offers.
“I would encourage anyone who saw anyone acting suspiciously in Hatfield library around the DVD section during the timescale given or who has any other information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
“Alternatively, if someone tries to sell you these items, which are easily identifiable by their markings on both the discs and disc boxes, please contact us.”
Anyone with any information on this crime should ring the crime service team on 01707 355001 or the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences