Hatfield woman says she found 6-inch piece of battered plastic in chicken wings
A SIX-INCH strip of battered plastic was the unwanted ingredient in a portion of chicken wings, according to a woman who says she was left feeling sick.
Claire Shearman, of The Wades, Hatfield, claims to have made the ‘fowl’ discovery after she plumped for her usual portion of 16 breaded wings, from nearby Favorite Chicken, in The Common.
Reliving her ordeal Ms Shearman said: “We found a large piece of cooked plastic which had been coated with batter.
“I thought it was a piece of chicken skin and took a bite but when my partner looked closer, he saw it was yellow plastic.
“I called the store and told them the situation and mentioned that I had taken a bite and they refunded our money, however with no form of compensation.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It just made me feel really sick.
“I thought it was a bit of chicken skin and my other half said you ‘need to spit that out’. “It was plastic bag consistency.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
Ms Shearman is a regular customer at the fast food outlet, which boasts “Britain’s tastiest chicken”.
But she said: “It’s put me off ordering takeaways full stop.”
A spokesman for Favorite Fried Chicken Ltd said: “She has contacted us and we’re investigating it.”