Hatfield woman says she found 6-inch piece of battered plastic in chicken wings
A SIX-INCH strip of battered plastic was the unwanted ingredient in a portion of chicken wings, according to a woman who says she was left feeling sick.
Claire Shearman, of The Wades, Hatfield, claims to have made the ‘fowl’ discovery after she plumped for her usual portion of 16 breaded wings, from nearby Favorite Chicken, in The Common.
Reliving her ordeal Ms Shearman said: “We found a large piece of cooked plastic which had been coated with batter.
“I thought it was a piece of chicken skin and took a bite but when my partner looked closer, he saw it was yellow plastic.
“I called the store and told them the situation and mentioned that I had taken a bite and they refunded our money, however with no form of compensation.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It just made me feel really sick.
“I thought it was a bit of chicken skin and my other half said you ‘need to spit that out’. “It was plastic bag consistency.
- 1 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 2 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 Welwyn Garden City one step closer FA Cup dreamland with deserved victory at Bedford Town
- 10 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
Ms Shearman is a regular customer at the fast food outlet, which boasts “Britain’s tastiest chicken”.
But she said: “It’s put me off ordering takeaways full stop.”
A spokesman for Favorite Fried Chicken Ltd said: “She has contacted us and we’re investigating it.”