Hatfield woman can work for her charity of choice
A HATFIELD woman was one of 500 to win an apprenticeship at the charity of her choice.
Eleanor Gouldthorpe has been chosen from more than 1,100 applicants to win a place on the Vodafone Foundation’s 2009 World of Difference UK Programme.
The 22-year-old will spend two months working for Article 25, an organisation that works to provide properly designed and built buildings where they are needed to help develop a route out of poverty or rebuild in post-disaster areas around the world.
The Holme Road woman, who will begin her placement this month, said: “I was really surprised and very happy to find I had won a place with World of Difference.
“I love Article 25’s work and am really looking forward to working with the fundraising team.”
You may also want to watch:
This is the first World of Difference UK programme launched by the Vodafone Foundation.
As part of the scheme, the mobile phone company will pay each charity �2,500, of which the winner gets the balance once tax and National Insurance has been paid.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
In addition she will receive a new mobile phone with pre-paid credit.