There are three candidates in Hatfield Villages – read below to find out who they are and what they stand for.
This seat is currently held by the Conservative Party.
Labour – Bridie Croft, of Days Mead, Hatfield
Bridie has lived in Hatfield for over 20 years.
You may also want to watch:
She has worked in a children’s hospice in Hackney caring for children. She deplores cruel sports; she looks after two dogs and one cat, and has a great interest in wild life. Bridie wants to see a vibrant town centre for everyone; it is so long overdue for Hatfield.
If elected, Bridie will hold a monthly council surgery so that residents can come along and discuss any problems that they may have.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
Bridie pledges to speak up for the needs of all individuals, families and groups in the community.
Liberal Democrat – Ayesha Rohale, of Parkhouse Court, Hatfield
I have recently moved to Hatfield town with two young children and am studying law in Hertfordshire University. Since moving here I have noticed that not only do our roads have too many potholes but there are bigger and deeper holes in the communication between our councillors and the public.
I hope that with your support, working together we will get over the hurdles faced by all of us in daily life.
I am one of you and my intentions are only to do well for the town and its people because this is home for all of us.
Conservative – Lynne Sparks*, of Dragon Road, Hatfield
My pledges for Hatfield Villages:
? I will continue to work closely with all parties to reduce antisocial behaviour by students and others
? I will continue to work with local groups to build a strong, vibrant, inclusive community
? I will ensure that the latest development on the de Havilland site does not impact negatively on local residents, but will deal with any issues that do arise