Hatfield university housing application
A PLANNING application to build three blocks of flats to accommodate 545 University of Hertfordshire students has been submitted by WG Developments to the borough council.
If approved, 11 existing buildings in College Lane and Roe Green would be demolished.
Wayne Gold, of WG Properties, which is working independently of the university, told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “This development is about ensuring the needs of students are met and the surrounding area benefits from our proposals.”
He added: “Having originally backed the proposals, the university withdrew from negotiations and currently has no plans on how it hopes to deal with the crisis.”
The consultation period ends today (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
If planning consent is granted, building work would start immediately.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week