Hatfield university housing application
A PLANNING application to build three blocks of flats to accommodate 545 University of Hertfordshire students has been submitted by WG Developments to the borough council.
If approved, 11 existing buildings in College Lane and Roe Green would be demolished.
Wayne Gold, of WG Properties, which is working independently of the university, told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “This development is about ensuring the needs of students are met and the surrounding area benefits from our proposals.”
He added: “Having originally backed the proposals, the university withdrew from negotiations and currently has no plans on how it hopes to deal with the crisis.”
The consultation period ends today (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
If planning consent is granted, building work would start immediately.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses