Hatfield university housing application
A PLANNING application to build three blocks of flats to accommodate 545 University of Hertfordshire students has been submitted by WG Developments to the borough council.
If approved, 11 existing buildings in College Lane and Roe Green would be demolished.
Wayne Gold, of WG Properties, which is working independently of the university, told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “This development is about ensuring the needs of students are met and the surrounding area benefits from our proposals.”
He added: “Having originally backed the proposals, the university withdrew from negotiations and currently has no plans on how it hopes to deal with the crisis.”
The consultation period ends today (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
If planning consent is granted, building work would start immediately.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 6 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank