Hatfield tunnel to close tonight
HATFIELD Tunnel is set to be closed overnight tonight (Thursday). Resurfacing work on the northbound carriageway is shutting the A1(M) from 10pm until 5.30am tomorrow (Friday). The road is also set to be closed from 10pm on Friday until 7am on Saturday and
HATFIELD Tunnel is set to be closed overnight tonight (Thursday).
Resurfacing work on the northbound carriageway is shutting the A1(M) from 10pm until 5.30am tomorrow (Friday).
The road is also set to be closed from 10pm on Friday until 7am on Saturday, and from 10pm on Monday until 5.30am on Tuesday.
Diversions will be in place moving traffic onto the A1000 Comet Way, Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
Highways Agency project sponsor Arvind Patel said: "The road surface on this section of the A1(M) needs to be renewed to ensure a continuing high level of safety.
"We advise drivers to plan their journey and to check traffic conditions before they set out.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
"Drivers using the A1(M) and A1001 will need to allow extra time for their journeys whilst works are undertaken.
"I would like to thank drivers and residents for their patience while we carry out these essential repairs."
The same stretch of road is also closed overnight on Saturday as routine maintenance is carried out inside the tunnel.