Hatfield Tunnel closed tonight
HATFIELD Tunnel is set to be closed overnight tonight, for the second consecutive day. Resurfacing work on the northbound carriageway began yesterday (Thursday) and is shutting the A1(M) from 10pm
HATFIELD Tunnel is set to be closed overnight tonight, for the second consecutive day.
Resurfacing work on the northbound carriageway began yesterday (Thursday) and is shutting the A1(M) from 10pm until 7am tomorrow (Saturday).
The road is also set to be closed from 10pm Monday until 5.30am Tuesday.
Diversions will be in place moving traffic onto the A1000 Comet Way, Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
Highways Agency project sponsor, Arvind Patel said: "The road surface on this section of the A1(M) needs to be renewed to ensure a continuing high level of safety.
"We advise drivers to plan their journey and to check traffic conditions before they set out.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
- 6 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 9 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 10 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
"Drivers using the A1(M) and A1001 will need to allow extra time for their journeys whilst works are undertaken.
"I would like to thank drivers and residents for their patience while we carry out these essential repairs."
The same stretch of road is also closed overnight on Saturday as routine maintenance is carried out inside the tunnel.