Hatfield Tunnel closed tonight
HATFIELD Tunnel is set to be closed overnight tonight, for the second consecutive day. Resurfacing work on the northbound carriageway began yesterday (Thursday) and is shutting the A1(M) from 10pm
HATFIELD Tunnel is set to be closed overnight tonight, for the second consecutive day.
Resurfacing work on the northbound carriageway began yesterday (Thursday) and is shutting the A1(M) from 10pm until 7am tomorrow (Saturday).
The road is also set to be closed from 10pm Monday until 5.30am Tuesday.
Diversions will be in place moving traffic onto the A1000 Comet Way, Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
Highways Agency project sponsor, Arvind Patel said: "The road surface on this section of the A1(M) needs to be renewed to ensure a continuing high level of safety.
"We advise drivers to plan their journey and to check traffic conditions before they set out.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
"Drivers using the A1(M) and A1001 will need to allow extra time for their journeys whilst works are undertaken.
"I would like to thank drivers and residents for their patience while we carry out these essential repairs."
The same stretch of road is also closed overnight on Saturday as routine maintenance is carried out inside the tunnel.