Hatfield Tunnel closed tonight
HATFIELD Tunnel is set to be closed overnight tonight, for the second consecutive day. Resurfacing work on the northbound carriageway began yesterday (Thursday) and is shutting the A1(M) from 10pm
HATFIELD Tunnel is set to be closed overnight tonight, for the second consecutive day.
Resurfacing work on the northbound carriageway began yesterday (Thursday) and is shutting the A1(M) from 10pm until 7am tomorrow (Saturday).
The road is also set to be closed from 10pm Monday until 5.30am Tuesday.
Diversions will be in place moving traffic onto the A1000 Comet Way, Hatfield.
Highways Agency project sponsor, Arvind Patel said: "The road surface on this section of the A1(M) needs to be renewed to ensure a continuing high level of safety.
"We advise drivers to plan their journey and to check traffic conditions before they set out.
- 1 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 2 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 5 Officers to tackle Potters Bar Nitrous Oxide sales as part of policing priorities
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 8 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 9 Hertfordshire County Council will fund free summer activity camps for children in the Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 Vandals trash toilet on WGC train
"Drivers using the A1(M) and A1001 will need to allow extra time for their journeys whilst works are undertaken.
"I would like to thank drivers and residents for their patience while we carry out these essential repairs."
The same stretch of road is also closed overnight on Saturday as routine maintenance is carried out inside the tunnel.