Hatfield Tunnel closed tonight
HATFIELD Tunnel is set to be closed overnight tonight, for the second consecutive day. Resurfacing work on the northbound carriageway began yesterday (Thursday) and is shutting the A1(M) from 10pm
HATFIELD Tunnel is set to be closed overnight tonight, for the second consecutive day.
Resurfacing work on the northbound carriageway began yesterday (Thursday) and is shutting the A1(M) from 10pm until 7am tomorrow (Saturday).
The road is also set to be closed from 10pm Monday until 5.30am Tuesday.
Diversions will be in place moving traffic onto the A1000 Comet Way, Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
Highways Agency project sponsor, Arvind Patel said: "The road surface on this section of the A1(M) needs to be renewed to ensure a continuing high level of safety.
"We advise drivers to plan their journey and to check traffic conditions before they set out.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
"Drivers using the A1(M) and A1001 will need to allow extra time for their journeys whilst works are undertaken.
"I would like to thank drivers and residents for their patience while we carry out these essential repairs."
The same stretch of road is also closed overnight on Saturday as routine maintenance is carried out inside the tunnel.