Hatfield Town face FA Cup replay down in Southend
HATFIELD Town face a trip to the seaside after drawing 2-2 with Southend Manor in the FA Cup extra preliminary round yesterday (Saturday). Trevor Lloyd s side will travel down to Essex on Tuesday night for a replay after an even contest at Herns Lane. The
HATFIELD Town face a trip to the seaside after drawing 2-2 with Southend Manor in the FA Cup extra preliminary round yesterday (Saturday).
Trevor Lloyd's side will travel down to Essex on Tuesday night for a replay after an even contest at Herns Lane.
The hosts went ahead after only seven minutes when Jason Caswell got his head on a looped ball into the box from Trevor Golder to nod past Adam Seal.
But Manor equalised in the 20th minute when Danny Coulson thundered a header past Blueboys custodian Sam Lacey following a superb inswinging corner from the impressive Carl Read.
You may also want to watch:
Nine minutes before the interval Town regained the lead when Jason Beck was pushed to the ground in the area, and ever-reliable Trevor Golder scored the resultant penalty.
The second half saw the visitors dominate, with Hatfield visibly tiring as the game went on.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
Strong forward Anton Dwyer equalised to make it 2-2 in the 50th minute, and that's how it stayed - thanks in no small part to heroics from Hatfield keeper Lacey.
* See this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times for full report and manager reaction.