Hatfield Town face FA Cup replay down in Southend
HATFIELD Town face a trip to the seaside after drawing 2-2 with Southend Manor in the FA Cup extra preliminary round yesterday (Saturday). Trevor Lloyd s side will travel down to Essex on Tuesday night for a replay after an even contest at Herns Lane. The
HATFIELD Town face a trip to the seaside after drawing 2-2 with Southend Manor in the FA Cup extra preliminary round yesterday (Saturday).
Trevor Lloyd's side will travel down to Essex on Tuesday night for a replay after an even contest at Herns Lane.
The hosts went ahead after only seven minutes when Jason Caswell got his head on a looped ball into the box from Trevor Golder to nod past Adam Seal.
But Manor equalised in the 20th minute when Danny Coulson thundered a header past Blueboys custodian Sam Lacey following a superb inswinging corner from the impressive Carl Read.
You may also want to watch:
Nine minutes before the interval Town regained the lead when Jason Beck was pushed to the ground in the area, and ever-reliable Trevor Golder scored the resultant penalty.
The second half saw the visitors dominate, with Hatfield visibly tiring as the game went on.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
Strong forward Anton Dwyer equalised to make it 2-2 in the 50th minute, and that's how it stayed - thanks in no small part to heroics from Hatfield keeper Lacey.
* See this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times for full report and manager reaction.