Hatfield Town face FA Cup replay down in Southend
HATFIELD Town face a trip to the seaside after drawing 2-2 with Southend Manor in the FA Cup extra preliminary round yesterday (Saturday). Trevor Lloyd s side will travel down to Essex on Tuesday night for a replay after an even contest at Herns Lane. The
HATFIELD Town face a trip to the seaside after drawing 2-2 with Southend Manor in the FA Cup extra preliminary round yesterday (Saturday).
Trevor Lloyd's side will travel down to Essex on Tuesday night for a replay after an even contest at Herns Lane.
The hosts went ahead after only seven minutes when Jason Caswell got his head on a looped ball into the box from Trevor Golder to nod past Adam Seal.
But Manor equalised in the 20th minute when Danny Coulson thundered a header past Blueboys custodian Sam Lacey following a superb inswinging corner from the impressive Carl Read.
Nine minutes before the interval Town regained the lead when Jason Beck was pushed to the ground in the area, and ever-reliable Trevor Golder scored the resultant penalty.
The second half saw the visitors dominate, with Hatfield visibly tiring as the game went on.
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Warning issued over park fires as hot weather continues
- 4 Family living over their own waste for 13 years due to faulty pipe
- 5 Resident's fury after tree barrier to train line destroyed
- 6 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 7 Meet your officers at Friday’s Welwyn Garden City event
- 8 Serious shrubland fire extinguished next to M25 on Hertfordshire border
- 9 Family raises funeral funds for mum who was known for helping others
- 10 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
Strong forward Anton Dwyer equalised to make it 2-2 in the 50th minute, and that's how it stayed - thanks in no small part to heroics from Hatfield keeper Lacey.
* See this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times for full report and manager reaction.