Hatfield Town face FA Cup replay down in Southend
HATFIELD Town face a trip to the seaside after drawing 2-2 with Southend Manor in the FA Cup extra preliminary round yesterday (Saturday). Trevor Lloyd s side will travel down to Essex on Tuesday night for a replay after an even contest at Herns Lane. The
HATFIELD Town face a trip to the seaside after drawing 2-2 with Southend Manor in the FA Cup extra preliminary round yesterday (Saturday).
Trevor Lloyd's side will travel down to Essex on Tuesday night for a replay after an even contest at Herns Lane.
The hosts went ahead after only seven minutes when Jason Caswell got his head on a looped ball into the box from Trevor Golder to nod past Adam Seal.
But Manor equalised in the 20th minute when Danny Coulson thundered a header past Blueboys custodian Sam Lacey following a superb inswinging corner from the impressive Carl Read.
You may also want to watch:
Nine minutes before the interval Town regained the lead when Jason Beck was pushed to the ground in the area, and ever-reliable Trevor Golder scored the resultant penalty.
The second half saw the visitors dominate, with Hatfield visibly tiring as the game went on.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
Strong forward Anton Dwyer equalised to make it 2-2 in the 50th minute, and that's how it stayed - thanks in no small part to heroics from Hatfield keeper Lacey.
* See this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times for full report and manager reaction.