Hatfield town deputy mayor dies
The deputy mayor of Hatfield has died aged 62.
Councillor Dave Kay died on Thursday, January 20, at the Isabel Hospice in WGC after a short battle with cancer.
He was elected to the town council in 2008 and became deputy mayor last year.
A town council spokeswoman said: “Cllr Kay will be greatly missed for his enthusiasm for the town council and for Hatfield as a whole.
“The council extends its sympathy to Cllr Kay’s wife Maureen and his family at their loss.”
You may also want to watch:
For more tributes to Cllr Kay, see this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out tomorrow (Wednesday)
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 6 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets