Hatfield town deputy mayor dies
The deputy mayor of Hatfield has died aged 62.
Councillor Dave Kay died on Thursday, January 20, at the Isabel Hospice in WGC after a short battle with cancer.
He was elected to the town council in 2008 and became deputy mayor last year.
A town council spokeswoman said: “Cllr Kay will be greatly missed for his enthusiasm for the town council and for Hatfield as a whole.
“The council extends its sympathy to Cllr Kay’s wife Maureen and his family at their loss.”
You may also want to watch:
For more tributes to Cllr Kay, see this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out tomorrow (Wednesday)
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 8 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Brookmans Park Golf Club delighted with all aspects of a great club championship day