Hatfield Town beat PSV to reach cup final
JASON Caswell netted the winner as Hatfield Town beat Park Street Village FC to reach the final of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy. Caswell scored Hatfield s clinching second goal as the Blueboys won 2-1 after extra time at a blustery Toulmin Drive in S
JASON Caswell netted the winner as Hatfield Town beat Park Street Village FC to reach the final of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy.
Caswell scored Hatfield's clinching second goal as the Blueboys won 2-1 after extra time at a blustery Toulmin Drive in St Albans yesterday.
Trevor Lloyd's men took the lead in Saturday's long-awaited semi-final clash when Trevor Golder headed home three minutes before half-time.
PSV equalised after the break to take the tie to an additional 30 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Young striker Caswell settled the match for the visitors in the first period of extra time and was subsequently named the Mortgage Centre man of the match.
Town chairman Ted Collie said: "This was a tricky tie, but it was another great team performance."
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
Hatfield will now face trophy holders Hoddesdon Town in the county final.