Hatfield Town beat PSV to reach cup final
JASON Caswell netted the winner as Hatfield Town beat Park Street Village FC to reach the final of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy. Caswell scored Hatfield s clinching second goal as the Blueboys won 2-1 after extra time at a blustery Toulmin Drive in S
JASON Caswell netted the winner as Hatfield Town beat Park Street Village FC to reach the final of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy.
Caswell scored Hatfield's clinching second goal as the Blueboys won 2-1 after extra time at a blustery Toulmin Drive in St Albans yesterday.
Trevor Lloyd's men took the lead in Saturday's long-awaited semi-final clash when Trevor Golder headed home three minutes before half-time.
PSV equalised after the break to take the tie to an additional 30 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Young striker Caswell settled the match for the visitors in the first period of extra time and was subsequently named the Mortgage Centre man of the match.
Town chairman Ted Collie said: "This was a tricky tie, but it was another great team performance."
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
Hatfield will now face trophy holders Hoddesdon Town in the county final.