Hatfield Town beat PSV to reach cup final
JASON Caswell netted the winner as Hatfield Town beat Park Street Village FC to reach the final of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy. Caswell scored Hatfield s clinching second goal as the Blueboys won 2-1 after extra time at a blustery Toulmin Drive in S
JASON Caswell netted the winner as Hatfield Town beat Park Street Village FC to reach the final of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy.
Caswell scored Hatfield's clinching second goal as the Blueboys won 2-1 after extra time at a blustery Toulmin Drive in St Albans yesterday.
Trevor Lloyd's men took the lead in Saturday's long-awaited semi-final clash when Trevor Golder headed home three minutes before half-time.
PSV equalised after the break to take the tie to an additional 30 minutes.
Young striker Caswell settled the match for the visitors in the first period of extra time and was subsequently named the Mortgage Centre man of the match.
Town chairman Ted Collie said: "This was a tricky tie, but it was another great team performance."
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 4 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 7 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
- 10 Flooding in Hatfield 'damages' vehicles
Hatfield will now face trophy holders Hoddesdon Town in the county final.