Hatfield tower block to get revamp
A TOWER block is set to get refurbished after �900,000 of funding was allocated by councillors.
Welwyn Hatfield Council’s cabinet meet last night (Tuesday) to award the contract to a private contractor Woodford Green based construction firm Mulalley Ltd.
The work at Queensway House in Hatfield will see the external area cleaned up, cladding added, and new windows installed as well as replacement balcony doors and railings put up.
The revamp should take 28 weeks to complete, with work starting at the end of February.
Cllr Roger Trigg said: “Residents of the 66 flats at Queensway House will feel the benefit of this work, with warmer homes which look better externally and have new windows.
You may also want to watch:
“This is great news for Hatfield too as the appearance of our only tower block on the townscape will also be improved.”
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
- 6 Would you quit drinking and smoking?
- 7 100 not out for centenarian Gladys
- 8 Businesses react as relaxation of Covid restrictions delayed to July 19
- 9 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 10 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award