Hatfield tower block to get revamp
A TOWER block is set to get refurbished after �900,000 of funding was allocated by councillors.
Welwyn Hatfield Council’s cabinet meet last night (Tuesday) to award the contract to a private contractor Woodford Green based construction firm Mulalley Ltd.
The work at Queensway House in Hatfield will see the external area cleaned up, cladding added, and new windows installed as well as replacement balcony doors and railings put up.
The revamp should take 28 weeks to complete, with work starting at the end of February.
Cllr Roger Trigg said: “Residents of the 66 flats at Queensway House will feel the benefit of this work, with warmer homes which look better externally and have new windows.
You may also want to watch:
“This is great news for Hatfield too as the appearance of our only tower block on the townscape will also be improved.”
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 4 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 8 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 9 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses