Hatfield Tory councillor won't quit
A TORY councillor who has failed to show up at any meetings since November said he is not going to quit. Welwyn Hatfield councillor Paul Smith, who is paid more than �8,400 in allowances, claimed his no-shows were just a blip and said he was still look
A TORY councillor who has failed to show up at any meetings since November said he is not going to quit.
Welwyn Hatfield councillor Paul Smith, who is paid more than �8,400 in allowances, claimed his no-shows were "just a blip" and said he was still looking after the interests of people in his ward.
The 22-year-old represents Hatfield East.
A Freedom of Information request by the WHT revealed Cllr Smith has failed to attend:
You may also want to watch:
*Six planning committee meetings.
*Four full council meetings.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 4 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
*One environment and overview scrutiny committee meeting - for which he is paid �3,790 for the role of chairman.
*For Paul Smith's reaction visit www.whtimes24.co.uk later today.