Hatfield Tory councillor won't quit
A TORY councillor who has failed to show up at any meetings since November said he is not going to quit. Welwyn Hatfield councillor Paul Smith, who is paid more than �8,400 in allowances, claimed his no-shows were just a blip and said he was still look
A TORY councillor who has failed to show up at any meetings since November said he is not going to quit.
Welwyn Hatfield councillor Paul Smith, who is paid more than �8,400 in allowances, claimed his no-shows were "just a blip" and said he was still looking after the interests of people in his ward.
The 22-year-old represents Hatfield East.
A Freedom of Information request by the WHT revealed Cllr Smith has failed to attend:
You may also want to watch:
*Six planning committee meetings.
*Four full council meetings.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
*One environment and overview scrutiny committee meeting - for which he is paid �3,790 for the role of chairman.
*For Paul Smith's reaction visit www.whtimes24.co.uk later today.