Pockets of activity in town centre as trader complains it’s ‘dead’
- Credit: Archant
A shop that reopened today for the first time in four weeks has complained that Hatfield Town Centre is once again “dead”.
Cake Hut’s baker Amisha Vasoya claims that the Arcade, where the occasion bakery is based, has suffered badly from lack of traffic.
Amisha and owner Bhavesh Vasoya do not know how long they can keep going, with birthdays and weddings virtually cancelled, although limited gatherings are still allowed.
“We did not do takeaway as we had to look after the kids and help them with schoolwork,” she added.
However, there was lots of activity around the market and in the Galleria – which had both reopened for non-essential retail today.
You may also want to watch:
And many of the people out and about were using the cafes, charity shops and library.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 4 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 9 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?