Hatfield teenager attacked for bike
A TEENAGER was robbed of his beloved mountain bike after being thrown off it. The 17-year-old was cycling along Alban Way, in Hatfield, on Friday when he was mugged. At around 5.15pm the Hatfield youngster cycled past a man who was walking towards Wellf
A TEENAGER was robbed of his beloved mountain bike after being thrown off it.
The 17-year-old was cycling along Alban Way, in Hatfield, on Friday when he was mugged.
At around 5.15pm the Hatfield youngster cycled past a man who was walking towards Wellfield Road.
The man viciously pushed the boy off his bike, causing him to fall to the floor, and stole his red and silver Carrera Banshee mountain bike.
You may also want to watch:
The attacker - a man in his late 20s to early 30s - is described as black, of proportionate build, around 6ft tall with short dark hair.
He was wearing dark clothing.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
Detective constable Glen Turrel-Oldacre said: "Did you see the incident take place or did you see the described offender on a bike after the robbery?
"We are also keen to speak to anyone who may have been offered a bike, similar to the one described, for sale to get in touch."
Call police on 0845 33 00 222.