Hatfield teen pretended to be police officer – court
AN 18-YEAR-OLD who pretended to be a Military Policeman has appeared before magistrates.
Mark John Payne was spotted on Howlands in WGC with a warrant holder and handcuffs.
A search of his home also revealed he had a pouch and keys for the handcuffs.
The teenager from The Runway, Hatfield appeared before Central Herts Magistrates’ Court and found guilty of charges of impersonating a police constable and possessing an article of police uniform, contrary to the Police Act 1996.
He was sentenced to a conditional discharge for 12 months and ordered to pay costs of �150.
You may also want to watch:
The handcuffs and warrant card must also be destroyed.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan