Hatfield teen pretended to be police officer – court
AN 18-YEAR-OLD who pretended to be a Military Policeman has appeared before magistrates.
Mark John Payne was spotted on Howlands in WGC with a warrant holder and handcuffs.
A search of his home also revealed he had a pouch and keys for the handcuffs.
The teenager from The Runway, Hatfield appeared before Central Herts Magistrates’ Court and found guilty of charges of impersonating a police constable and possessing an article of police uniform, contrary to the Police Act 1996.
He was sentenced to a conditional discharge for 12 months and ordered to pay costs of �150.
You may also want to watch:
The handcuffs and warrant card must also be destroyed.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM