Hatfield students smash university rowing record
THE 100k rowing mixed-team UK student record is now seven minutes quicker – thanks to the University of Hertfordshire. Nine Hatfield students completed the distance in four hours, 52 minutes and 43 seconds. They made it into the British Universities and C
THE 100k rowing mixed-team UK student record is now seven minutes quicker - thanks to the University of Hertfordshire.
Nine Hatfield students completed the distance in four hours, 52 minutes and 43 seconds.
They made it into the British Universities and Colleges Sport record books by taking turns on a rowing machine installed at Sainsbury's supermarket in London Colney.
It was their second attempt at the record, previously held by Bath, having missed out by two-and-a-half minutes last year.
You may also want to watch:
Club president Chris Wheeler said afterwards: "It was an incredible effort from all involved.
"Everything was very painful so training was cancelled for a few days afterwards for the team to recover.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 5 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 6 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 7 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 8 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
"Many thanks to everyone who generously sponsored us and the people who gave up their time to come and support us."
The team raised more than �1,550, which will go towards Comic Relief as well as help pay for a new club boat.