Hatfield students smash university rowing record
THE 100k rowing mixed-team UK student record is now seven minutes quicker – thanks to the University of Hertfordshire. Nine Hatfield students completed the distance in four hours, 52 minutes and 43 seconds. They made it into the British Universities and C
THE 100k rowing mixed-team UK student record is now seven minutes quicker - thanks to the University of Hertfordshire.
Nine Hatfield students completed the distance in four hours, 52 minutes and 43 seconds.
They made it into the British Universities and Colleges Sport record books by taking turns on a rowing machine installed at Sainsbury's supermarket in London Colney.
It was their second attempt at the record, previously held by Bath, having missed out by two-and-a-half minutes last year.
You may also want to watch:
Club president Chris Wheeler said afterwards: "It was an incredible effort from all involved.
"Everything was very painful so training was cancelled for a few days afterwards for the team to recover.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
"Many thanks to everyone who generously sponsored us and the people who gave up their time to come and support us."
The team raised more than �1,550, which will go towards Comic Relief as well as help pay for a new club boat.