Hatfield students smash university rowing record
THE 100k rowing mixed-team UK student record is now seven minutes quicker – thanks to the University of Hertfordshire. Nine Hatfield students completed the distance in four hours, 52 minutes and 43 seconds. They made it into the British Universities and C
THE 100k rowing mixed-team UK student record is now seven minutes quicker - thanks to the University of Hertfordshire.
Nine Hatfield students completed the distance in four hours, 52 minutes and 43 seconds.
They made it into the British Universities and Colleges Sport record books by taking turns on a rowing machine installed at Sainsbury's supermarket in London Colney.
It was their second attempt at the record, previously held by Bath, having missed out by two-and-a-half minutes last year.
You may also want to watch:
Club president Chris Wheeler said afterwards: "It was an incredible effort from all involved.
"Everything was very painful so training was cancelled for a few days afterwards for the team to recover.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
"Many thanks to everyone who generously sponsored us and the people who gave up their time to come and support us."
The team raised more than �1,550, which will go towards Comic Relief as well as help pay for a new club boat.