Hatfield students smash university rowing record
THE 100k rowing mixed-team UK student record is now seven minutes quicker – thanks to the University of Hertfordshire. Nine Hatfield students completed the distance in four hours, 52 minutes and 43 seconds. They made it into the British Universities and C
THE 100k rowing mixed-team UK student record is now seven minutes quicker - thanks to the University of Hertfordshire.
Nine Hatfield students completed the distance in four hours, 52 minutes and 43 seconds.
They made it into the British Universities and Colleges Sport record books by taking turns on a rowing machine installed at Sainsbury's supermarket in London Colney.
It was their second attempt at the record, previously held by Bath, having missed out by two-and-a-half minutes last year.
You may also want to watch:
Club president Chris Wheeler said afterwards: "It was an incredible effort from all involved.
"Everything was very painful so training was cancelled for a few days afterwards for the team to recover.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
"Many thanks to everyone who generously sponsored us and the people who gave up their time to come and support us."
The team raised more than �1,550, which will go towards Comic Relief as well as help pay for a new club boat.