Hatfield student designs sweet and sour ice cream for Tesco
A STUDENT has created a unique sweet and sour-flavoured ice cream which is set to be sold at supermarkets across the country.
Carrie Drake, who has just started a model design and model effects course at the Hatfield-based university, had her idea chosen from thousands.
New students were asked to come up with a unique ice cream product that could be made available on the high street at the uni’s freshers’ fair.
The university had engaged the team at Mad Professor, a unique corporate entertainment company, to run the competition and make up a sample of the sweet and sour ice cream for tasting and testing.
Runner-up flavours included the sushi sauce wasabi, sweet potato and Christmas pudding with custard.
You may also want to watch:
University boffins have approached food giant Tesco with the aim of selling the sweet and sour ice cream in its stores in the near future.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank