Hatfield student designs sweet and sour ice cream for Tesco
A STUDENT has created a unique sweet and sour-flavoured ice cream which is set to be sold at supermarkets across the country.
Carrie Drake, who has just started a model design and model effects course at the Hatfield-based university, had her idea chosen from thousands.
New students were asked to come up with a unique ice cream product that could be made available on the high street at the uni’s freshers’ fair.
The university had engaged the team at Mad Professor, a unique corporate entertainment company, to run the competition and make up a sample of the sweet and sour ice cream for tasting and testing.
Runner-up flavours included the sushi sauce wasabi, sweet potato and Christmas pudding with custard.
You may also want to watch:
University boffins have approached food giant Tesco with the aim of selling the sweet and sour ice cream in its stores in the near future.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man