Hatfield student designs sweet and sour ice cream for Tesco
A STUDENT has created a unique sweet and sour-flavoured ice cream which is set to be sold at supermarkets across the country.
Carrie Drake, who has just started a model design and model effects course at the Hatfield-based university, had her idea chosen from thousands.
New students were asked to come up with a unique ice cream product that could be made available on the high street at the uni’s freshers’ fair.
The university had engaged the team at Mad Professor, a unique corporate entertainment company, to run the competition and make up a sample of the sweet and sour ice cream for tasting and testing.
Runner-up flavours included the sushi sauce wasabi, sweet potato and Christmas pudding with custard.
You may also want to watch:
University boffins have approached food giant Tesco with the aim of selling the sweet and sour ice cream in its stores in the near future.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 8 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
- 9 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 10 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades