Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- Credit: Amy Jeffries
A weight has been lifted in Hatfield following the news that people can now return to Slimming World group sessions following the further easing of COVID-19 restrictions.
Members can now book to attend sessions at the Lord William Cecil Memorial Hall in the town centre, with safety measures such as social distancing, face masks and hand sanitiser in place.
Chairs and tables, as well as the weighing equipment, will also be cleaned between sessions.
Amy Jefferies, who runs sessions on a Monday evening, said: “While the guidance announced this week means that some social activities are being limited, we are pleased to say that our Slimming World groups can still get together.
“That's because as well as the companionship that members love, we are providing a paid-for weight loss service.
You may also want to watch:
“In group, we're going to extra lengths to ensure that all hygiene and social distancing measures are firmly in place, including wearing face coverings during group and allowing extra time for cleaning before and in-between sessions to make sure we're all safe and sound.”
Slimming World's in-person group sessions will be a welcome return after the organisations supported members through Zoom meetings during lockdown.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 Girls of Potters Bar Crusaders happy with draw at hot Harpenden
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
Amy was quick to praise the efforts of members during the pandemic, and she believes the extra motivation provided by the return of group sessions will see them make even more progress.
“In just one week, the weight losses alone have shown how much our members love being together in group and how powerful that experience is to achieving such great results,” she said.
“There’s nothing quite like the magic of our in-person groups though, and research of our members during lockdown has shown that while our members have loved attending their virtual groups they’ve missed the motivational power and accountability of meeting in person each week.
“Obesity is a huge issue in the news at the moment with evidence showing that carrying extra weight makes it harder for the body to fight COVID-19, and the Government announcing brand-new plans to tackle obesity across the UK – which Slimming World are very proud to be part of.”
To book into a session or for more information, contact Amy on 07702 911 160.