Hatfield shopping outlet beating the recession
DESPITE “a difficult year” a Hatfield shopping centre has reported successful results.
The Galleria shopping outlet on Comet Way is boasting a 60 per cent increase on last year’s sales.
Tim Stirling, centre director told the WHT, 110,000 people are using the Comet Way hub every week and new stores are opening up all the time.
He added: ““We are changing all the time.
“Recently we opened up a milkshake shop, Shake ‘a’ Shake, and the Isabel Hospice unit, as well as Elegance4u beauty salon which creates a great opportunity for a lifestyle business like a hairdressers here.”
You may also want to watch:
Other attractions set to feature at the Land Securities-owned outlet this year will be the return of the ice rink and Santa’s grotto, as well as the opening of Ilaichi World Buffet restaurant, which will mark the completion of the recently refurbished front part of the build.
Already open within the last few months includes Jaeger, Laura Ashley, Denby and Apple’s iCentre.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
To hear more from Mr Stirling read today’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.