Hatfield shopping outlet beating the recession
DESPITE “a difficult year” a Hatfield shopping centre has reported successful results.
The Galleria shopping outlet on Comet Way is boasting a 60 per cent increase on last year’s sales.
Tim Stirling, centre director told the WHT, 110,000 people are using the Comet Way hub every week and new stores are opening up all the time.
He added: ““We are changing all the time.
“Recently we opened up a milkshake shop, Shake ‘a’ Shake, and the Isabel Hospice unit, as well as Elegance4u beauty salon which creates a great opportunity for a lifestyle business like a hairdressers here.”
You may also want to watch:
Other attractions set to feature at the Land Securities-owned outlet this year will be the return of the ice rink and Santa’s grotto, as well as the opening of Ilaichi World Buffet restaurant, which will mark the completion of the recently refurbished front part of the build.
Already open within the last few months includes Jaeger, Laura Ashley, Denby and Apple’s iCentre.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
To hear more from Mr Stirling read today’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.