Hatfield shopping outlet beating the recession
DESPITE “a difficult year” a Hatfield shopping centre has reported successful results.
The Galleria shopping outlet on Comet Way is boasting a 60 per cent increase on last year’s sales.
Tim Stirling, centre director told the WHT, 110,000 people are using the Comet Way hub every week and new stores are opening up all the time.
He added: ““We are changing all the time.
“Recently we opened up a milkshake shop, Shake ‘a’ Shake, and the Isabel Hospice unit, as well as Elegance4u beauty salon which creates a great opportunity for a lifestyle business like a hairdressers here.”
You may also want to watch:
Other attractions set to feature at the Land Securities-owned outlet this year will be the return of the ice rink and Santa’s grotto, as well as the opening of Ilaichi World Buffet restaurant, which will mark the completion of the recently refurbished front part of the build.
Already open within the last few months includes Jaeger, Laura Ashley, Denby and Apple’s iCentre.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
To hear more from Mr Stirling read today’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.