Hatfield schoolboy ‘critical’ after car crash
A 12-YEAR-OLD boy from Hatfield suffered serious head injuries after he was in collision with a car as he walked home from school.
The accident happened on Colney Heath Lane, near Nicholas Breakspear School in St Albans, on Friday at about 3.25pm.
The boy was taken by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital but was later transferred to Great Ormond Street Hospital.
His condition was today (Monday) described as critical.
The driver of the car, a black Suzuki Vitara, was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who attended the incident, said: “On the arrival of the paramedics, the young boy was found in a serious condition.
“The paramedics quickly recognised the boy required specialist treatment at the roadside and requested the air ambulance to attend the scene.”
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
- 6 Would you quit drinking and smoking?
- 7 100 not out for centenarian Gladys
- 8 Businesses react as relaxation of Covid restrictions delayed to July 19
- 9 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 10 Getting wild at Panshanger Park with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust
Police are investigating the accident. Call Pc Bob Hauxwell with information on 0845 33 00 222.