Hatfield schoolboy ‘critical’ after car crash
A 12-YEAR-OLD boy from Hatfield suffered serious head injuries after he was in collision with a car as he walked home from school.
The accident happened on Colney Heath Lane, near Nicholas Breakspear School in St Albans, on Friday at about 3.25pm.
The boy was taken by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital but was later transferred to Great Ormond Street Hospital.
His condition was today (Monday) described as critical.
The driver of the car, a black Suzuki Vitara, was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who attended the incident, said: “On the arrival of the paramedics, the young boy was found in a serious condition.
“The paramedics quickly recognised the boy required specialist treatment at the roadside and requested the air ambulance to attend the scene.”
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 5 films and TV series shot on location at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Police are investigating the accident. Call Pc Bob Hauxwell with information on 0845 33 00 222.