Hatfield school wins top teaching award
A LEADING eco school in Hatfield has triumphed at the 2009 East of England Teaching Awards. At the ceremony, held in Norwich this afternoon (Thursday), Howe Dell won the sustainable schools award
A LEADING eco school in Hatfield has triumphed at the 2009 East of England Teaching Awards.
At the ceremony, held in Norwich this afternoon (Thursday), Howe Dell won the sustainable schools award.
Since moving to its new environmentally-friendly site at The Runway in 2007, Howe Dell has become one of the country's leading eco schools, regularly attracting national headlines.
Only last month, the school was highly commended for its sustainability at the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors Awards, considered the Oscars of the property industry.
You may also want to watch:
It is also the second successive year that the school has been honoured.
Last year, head Debra Massey took the award for Headteacher of the Year.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
Elsewhere at the awards, Liz Paisley, a teacher at Lakeside School in WGC, was commended in the Special Needs Teacher of the Year category.
For reaction and photos from the awards ceremony, buy next Wednesday's edition of the Welwyn & Hatfield Times.