Hatfield residents without power thanks to Storm Doris
- Credit: Andrew Hawkins
Hatfield residents are experiencing power cuts as Storm Doris wreaks havoc.
Residents of Sovereign Place, Mount Pleasant Lane and surrounding areas say they have lost power.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “Power supplies have been affected by the severe weather across parts of the East of England and South East electricity network and we have engineers working to restore supplies as quickly as possible.
“We are also remotely restoring many of the electricity supplies.
“Our electricity networks are built to be reliable but extreme weather can sometimes damage overhead lines.
You may also want to watch:
“We monitor the weather very closely and have robust plans in place to respond to the high winds, including extra engineers and call takers on duty.
“We urge anyone who sees an overhead line down to call our emergency power cut helpline on 0800 3163 105.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire