Hatfield residents' views wanted on neighbourhood centre
A PUBLIC consultation on a 10-acre site in Hatfield will begin at the end of this month. High View neighbourhood centre has been identified by Welwyn Hatfield Council as an area in need of investment and improvement. The council has commissioned
A PUBLIC consultation on a 10-acre site in Hatfield will begin at the end of this month.
High View neighbourhood centre has been identified by Welwyn Hatfield Council as an area in need of investment and improvement.
The council has commissioned planning consultants Urban Practitioners to hold two public events over the next few weeks.
The first will be held at the Jim McDonald Centre, McDonald Court, on Wednesday, June 24, from 9am to 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
The second consultation will take place on Saturday, July 4, from 9am to 2pm.
Representatives from Urban Practitioners will be outside the Hilltop shops to listen to the views of residents and businesses in the area.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 8 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 9 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Councillor Alan Franey, executive member for resources, said: "High View has lacked investment in the past and we will look at how this project can ensure that the demands of the local community are met.
"This is a great opportunity for residents, the project is vital to the future of the area and it is important that those with a keen interest in the area share their views.