Hatfield register office marks first year
ALMOST 5,000 births, deaths and marriages were recorded in the first year after a raft of changes were introduced at Hatfield s register office. The refurbished facilities at St Albans Road East now offer a choice of ceremony rooms for weddings, civil pa
ALMOST 5,000 births, deaths and marriages were recorded in the first year after a raft of changes were introduced at Hatfield's register office.
The refurbished facilities at St Albans Road East now offer a choice of ceremony rooms for weddings, civil partnerships, renewal of vows and civil namings.
There is also a gazebo and redesigned garden for outdoor events.
Prior to the changes, births and deaths could only be registered within the district in which they took place, but now can be registered anywhere in Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
In the year since the revamp, 1,895 births, 1,404 deaths, 1,422 notices of marriage and 22 notices of partnership were recorded.
And the success was celebrated with an open day last Wednesday.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
Steve Charteris, head of statutory services, said: "People use our service at significant moments in their lives when they have lots to think about, so it is important that we make the registration service as accessible and straightforward as possible.
"The changes we have made have improved customer choice and the refurbishment looks fantastic.