Hatfield register office marks first year
ALMOST 5,000 births, deaths and marriages were recorded in the first year after a raft of changes were introduced at Hatfield s register office. The refurbished facilities at St Albans Road East now offer a choice of ceremony rooms for weddings, civil pa
ALMOST 5,000 births, deaths and marriages were recorded in the first year after a raft of changes were introduced at Hatfield's register office.
The refurbished facilities at St Albans Road East now offer a choice of ceremony rooms for weddings, civil partnerships, renewal of vows and civil namings.
There is also a gazebo and redesigned garden for outdoor events.
Prior to the changes, births and deaths could only be registered within the district in which they took place, but now can be registered anywhere in Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
In the year since the revamp, 1,895 births, 1,404 deaths, 1,422 notices of marriage and 22 notices of partnership were recorded.
And the success was celebrated with an open day last Wednesday.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
Steve Charteris, head of statutory services, said: "People use our service at significant moments in their lives when they have lots to think about, so it is important that we make the registration service as accessible and straightforward as possible.
"The changes we have made have improved customer choice and the refurbishment looks fantastic.