Hatfield register office marks first year
ALMOST 5,000 births, deaths and marriages were recorded in the first year after a raft of changes were introduced at Hatfield s register office. The refurbished facilities at St Albans Road East now offer a choice of ceremony rooms for weddings, civil pa
ALMOST 5,000 births, deaths and marriages were recorded in the first year after a raft of changes were introduced at Hatfield's register office.
The refurbished facilities at St Albans Road East now offer a choice of ceremony rooms for weddings, civil partnerships, renewal of vows and civil namings.
There is also a gazebo and redesigned garden for outdoor events.
Prior to the changes, births and deaths could only be registered within the district in which they took place, but now can be registered anywhere in Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
In the year since the revamp, 1,895 births, 1,404 deaths, 1,422 notices of marriage and 22 notices of partnership were recorded.
And the success was celebrated with an open day last Wednesday.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 Teenager charged after 'Rambo knife' and suspected class A drugs found
- 8 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
Steve Charteris, head of statutory services, said: "People use our service at significant moments in their lives when they have lots to think about, so it is important that we make the registration service as accessible and straightforward as possible.
"The changes we have made have improved customer choice and the refurbishment looks fantastic.