Hatfield regeneration project will go ahead say councillors
HATFIELD will get a new town centre, according to politicians and planning chiefs. Town and borough councillors, developers St Modwen and the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA), have come together and agreed the project, originally scuppered by
HATFIELD will get a new town centre, according to politicians and planning chiefs.
Town and borough councillors, developers St Modwen and the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA), have come together and agreed the project, originally scuppered by the credit crunch, remains a priority.
At a press conference held at Campus west tonight (Tuesday) Welwyn Hatfield Council announced a review was currently under way to find an alternative strategy that would get the scheme off the ground.
Council leader John Dean said a phased approach to the project, which would take into account the fluctuating economy, was now being considered.
You may also want to watch:
He also praised all three main political parties for putting their differences aside and coming together for the good of Hatfield.
The review, which the council has promised will include the views and opinions of residents as well as stakeholders, is due to be complete by December.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright