Hatfield regeneration project launches public forum
A NEW forum designed to make planning applications more accessible to residents and councillors is launching – starting with the new Hatfield town centre project.
Welwyn Hatfield Council will trial the new Development Consultation Forum for the first time at Campus West in WGC on Monday, to discuss the revised �45m plans to bring regeneration to Hatfield.
The new process has been developed so the public can have a greater understanding of applications for future large-scale projects.
Each forum will take place on an ad-hoc basis, either before planning applications are submitted or during the early stages of an application.
It will include a report from the council’s planning officers, a presentation from the developer and any invited speakers.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public are welcome to attend, but only council members are allowed to ask questions, so residents should consult their ward councillor before the forum if there is anything they would like to discuss.
Cllr Mandy Perkins, executive member for planning, said: “By using this forum, it is hoped that any fears or rumours about larger projects can be dispelled, by giving a factual account of what is proposed rather than hearsay.”
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
The forum, being held in the council chamber, starts at 7.30pm.