Hatfield regeneration project launches public forum
A NEW forum designed to make planning applications more accessible to residents and councillors is launching – starting with the new Hatfield town centre project.
Welwyn Hatfield Council will trial the new Development Consultation Forum for the first time at Campus West in WGC on Monday, to discuss the revised �45m plans to bring regeneration to Hatfield.
The new process has been developed so the public can have a greater understanding of applications for future large-scale projects.
Each forum will take place on an ad-hoc basis, either before planning applications are submitted or during the early stages of an application.
It will include a report from the council’s planning officers, a presentation from the developer and any invited speakers.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public are welcome to attend, but only council members are allowed to ask questions, so residents should consult their ward councillor before the forum if there is anything they would like to discuss.
Cllr Mandy Perkins, executive member for planning, said: “By using this forum, it is hoped that any fears or rumours about larger projects can be dispelled, by giving a factual account of what is proposed rather than hearsay.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
The forum, being held in the council chamber, starts at 7.30pm.