Hatfield rapper and pals jailed for violent knifepoint robbery

A RAPPER and two accomplices have been jailed for robbing a man over an apparent unpaid debt.

Ringleader Adil Agdour, nicknamed Colossal due to his large size, received a 40-month prison sentence after being found guilty of threatening Warren Chapman with a knife, robbing him and splitting the proceeds with his two friends.

Part-time recovery driver Agdour claims to be well-known in the Hatfield music scene, and is hoping to break into the music business.

An earlier trial at St Albans Crown Court heard Agdour, of Haltside, Hatfield, has a manager and made a demo for a music producer.

However, the 22-year-old will have to put his music ambitions on hold for a while after Judge Stephen Warner imposed the jail term last Tuesday for robbing Mr Chapman of �140 after a chance meeting at the Cavendish Arms pub, Hatfield, on Saturday, May 16 last year.

You may also want to watch:

Agdour admitted speaking to “Chappie” about a debt owed to a friend, but denied charges of robbery and kidnap.

Mr Chapman told the court how he was threatened and punched as he drove the three men around Hatfield in his own car.

Most Read

Although all three were found guilty of robbery, they were cleared by the jury of the more serious charges of kidnap, after claiming Mr Chapman had driven them voluntarily and even sat in a pub drinking with them.

The court heard in mitigation Agdour was “still a young man” and despite previous convictions including for robbery aged just 15, was “working hard” to break into the music business.

A probation service report said he was “very passionate about music” and when released from the “inevitable custodial sentence” looked forward to having something to put his energy into.

Accomplices David Chitungo, known as Blazeman, and Lroy Scott, known as Drafty, both 20 and of Crawford Road, Hatfield, received 33-month and 28-month custodial sentences respectively.

During the trial, Chitungo told the jury all three defendants had been watching the Arsenal v Manchester United game together happily with Mr Chapman at The Tavern in Welwyn.

He denied punching Mr Chapman, while Scott chose not to give evidence.

Further charges of witness intimidation against all three would not be proceeded with, said prosecutor Geoffrey Porter.

All three defendants had been arrested and accused of either making threatening phone calls or following Mr Chapman in a car.

However, the judge was told the charges had been dropped as Mr Chapman did not wish to assist the prosecution.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter