Hatfield pupils perform at Royal Albert Hall
FOR many musically-minded people, performing at the Royal Albert Hall is a dream that seldom becomes a reality. But it s something a group of Hatfield schoolchildren can already count among their list of achievements. Pupils at The Ryde School, in Pleasan
FOR many musically-minded people, performing at the Royal Albert Hall is a dream that seldom becomes a reality.
But it's something a group of Hatfield schoolchildren can already count among their list of achievements.
Pupils at The Ryde School, in Pleasant Rise, have just completed a stint performing as part of the chorus line for a production of Georges Bizet's classic opera Carmen.
The 12 pupils, aged between seven and 11, successfully auditioned to appear at the historic London venue, performing every other day between February 27 and March 8.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Janet Goddard said: "The children all thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and for many it was a once in a lifetime opportunity."
Pictured back row from left are Shalman Igbokwe, William Astley, Luke Smith, Leo Ramsdale, Stephen Quenet, Elis Woodford.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 9 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
And front from left, Jet Wang, Nicholas Simon, Brandon Hill, Perry Kirstruck, Charlie Castle. not in picture James Stewart.