Hatfield pub to show Manchester United v Chelsea match in 3D
VISUAL sensation Sky 3D is arriving at a pub near you.
The Mai Tai bar, in the Town Inn, has become the first pub in Welwyn Hatfield to purchase the newest in state-of-the-art television technology having landed Sky 3D.
The Hatfield bar is due to show its first match, top-of-the-table Premier League clash Manchester United vs Chelsea, at 12.45pm on Saturday.
That means football fans will be able to watch with remarkable clarity the likes of Chelsea stars Frank Lampard, John Terry and Didier Drogba go head-to-head with Old Trafford heroes Wayne Rooney, Ryan Giggs, Nani and Dimitar Berbatov, in a battle which could well decide this season’s title winners.
Neil Carroll, landlord of the Queensway pub, told the WHT he felt he had to move with modern times.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m hoping it will bring in the punters. During these times you have to try anything you can and we’re moving with the times.
“Sky Sports says ‘Some pubs show sports, others bring them to life’, and we hope to achieve that.”
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 6 Student gets programming with Code Ninjas
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Travel business calls for Grant Shapps visit to ‘see what a travel agent is’
- 9 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
To use Sky 3D, which is currently only available to pubs, you must have a 3D television.
And Neil splashed out on a 37 inch LG number, so the 100-person capacity that can attend Mai Tai will not miss a second.
“It’s first come, first served in terms of attendance,” Neil added.
“We have 100 pairs of glasses, we’re just waiting to see how it goes, it should be interesting.”
The first place in Times Territory to show Sky 3D was the Odeon Cinema, in the Galleria, which showed the Six Nations rugby clash between England and Wales.
For more information on Mai Tai, in the Town Inn, which opens at 11am on Saturday, call 01707 271576.