Hatfield pub’s Pat the chef raises �3,000
SUPERMAN is described as a man of steel, with superhuman strength, speed, stamina, invulnerability, super breath and vision, as well as being able to fly.
So maybe someone had the kryptonite out in Hatfield when Times Territory’s very own Superman was in town.
For Clark Kent, or as he is better known round this neck of the woods, Pat Monaghan, manager of the Wrestlers Pub, in Hatfield, took four attempts before he even dared to bungee jump 160ft!
The 51-year-old, who is known throughout the area as Pat the chef, helped raise �3,000 as he dressed up as the DC comic book character and took on the hair-raising challenge in the Great North Road pub’s car park.
This week he donated the cash from the Wrestlers fun day, which also saw 13 others take on the stunt, as well as a raffle, barbecue, tombola and disco, to the leukaemia fund at the King’s College Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Pat told the WHT he was “extremely proud” of everyone’s efforts to raise the four figure sum.
“I lost my sister to leukaemia and after her death I raised �6,900 in two years.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
- 6 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 9 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 10 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
“Now some nine years later the opportunity came up to raise some more cash.
“So it was done in her memory, she is sorely missed by all of the family.
“A huge thank you to everyone who helped raise the funds, especially B P Mitchell [lorry firm], which sponsored me �1,000.
“To get �3,000 is brilliant for such a small pub like ours.”
As for the four attempts, Pat admitted he was extremely nervous!