Hatfield pond given a spring clean
A HATFIELD pond has been given a much-needed tidy up thanks to a group of volunteers.
Bunchley’s Pond, near Travellers Lane, was the scene of a mass litter pick on Saturday, as councillors and staff from Hatfield Town Council plus volunteers from Hatfield, Welham Green and Potters Bar all mucked in to clear the site of unsightly rubbish.
Town councillor Dean Archer thanked the volunteers, which also included Pcso Samantha Griffin, Cathy Roe from the Hatfield Against Incineration Group, the North Mymms Youth project and members of Friends of the Earth, Friends of Hatfield and Friends of Stream Woods.
He added: “I would also personally like to thank Mark Lampert, who co-organised the event, my daughters Emily and Jaime and town clerk Carrie Lloyd for joining us and the staff of Hatfield Town Council for clearing away all the rubbish we collected.
“If there’s an area near you that needs a spring clean then please get in touch with myself, Carrie Lloyd or any member of the town council.
You may also want to watch:
“Together we can put pride back into our community.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement