Hatfield pole-dancing club banned from serving glasses
A POLE-DANCING club has been told it can no longer serve drinks in glasses after its licence was reviewed. Lisa s Bar was called before Welwyn Hatfield Council at the police s request, after glass was used as a weapon in two fights in Hatfield town centr
A POLE-DANCING club has been told it can no longer serve drinks in glasses after its licence was reviewed.
Lisa's Bar was called before Welwyn Hatfield Council at the police's request, after glass was used as a weapon in two fights in Hatfield town centre.
At a licensing committee hearing last Monday, police licensing officer Stewart Budd told the hearing revellers would also leave their glasses perched on the balcony which would fall on to the pedestrian walkway below.
He recommended a member of staff man the front door, stopping people leaving with their drinks.
You may also want to watch:
Landlord Michael Bartlett defended his bar saying smokers were now allowed to use a flat roof area at the back of the building.
He said: "A member of staff on the door would be a huge financial burden.
- 1 Hertsmere MP Oliver Dowden appointed Tory co-chairman but loses secretary role
- 2 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 18 Insulate Britain protesters arrested at M25 and A1 demonstrations
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 7 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 8 Historic Green Belt site under threat
- 9 M25 by South Mimms blocked by climate protesters
- 10 Boy hit by car during Hatfield altercation
"I feel that this is a little bit excessive. I wasn't aware of the problem with glasses dropping down below."
For more on this story, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
* What do you think of the new no glasses policy? Have you been struck by a glass falling from the balcony?
Email the newsdesk at email@example.com