Hatfield pole-dancing club banned from serving glasses
A POLE-DANCING club has been told it can no longer serve drinks in glasses after its licence was reviewed. Lisa s Bar was called before Welwyn Hatfield Council at the police s request, after glass was used as a weapon in two fights in Hatfield town centr
A POLE-DANCING club has been told it can no longer serve drinks in glasses after its licence was reviewed.
Lisa's Bar was called before Welwyn Hatfield Council at the police's request, after glass was used as a weapon in two fights in Hatfield town centre.
At a licensing committee hearing last Monday, police licensing officer Stewart Budd told the hearing revellers would also leave their glasses perched on the balcony which would fall on to the pedestrian walkway below.
He recommended a member of staff man the front door, stopping people leaving with their drinks.
You may also want to watch:
Landlord Michael Bartlett defended his bar saying smokers were now allowed to use a flat roof area at the back of the building.
He said: "A member of staff on the door would be a huge financial burden.
- 1 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 2 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 7 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 8 Multiple fines issued to partygoers at 'dangerous' music event
- 9 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 10 Crashes and flooding on A1(M) and M25 causing delays
"I feel that this is a little bit excessive. I wasn't aware of the problem with glasses dropping down below."
For more on this story, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
* What do you think of the new no glasses policy? Have you been struck by a glass falling from the balcony?
Email the newsdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org