Hatfield murder: Police release victim’s name
- Credit: Archant
Police have released the name of the Hatfield woman whose death sparked a murder investigation.
Officers have revealed it is 31-year-old Madina Landsberg, who died after police and paramedics were called to Filbert Close on Tuesday night.
Dexter Landsberg, 33, has been charged with murder and will appear before Hatfield Remand Court today (Friday).
Neighbourhood Inspector for Welwyn Hatfield, Ian Grout said: “I understand that this incident may cause concern to residents in Hatfield, particularly given other serious incidents in the town in recent months. Each of these incidents is isolated and not connected in any way.
“For members of the wider community I would like to reassure you that there is no cause for concern. However, should anyone need to seek reassurance, they can call the Safer Neighbourhood Team via the non-emergency number, 101.”
You may also want to watch:
As the victim had prior contact with the police it has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
- 1 Man charged with murder of his own mother
- 2 Stunning photos capture the moment Flying Scotsman crosses viaduct
- 3 ‘Too tall and dominant’ – application to demolish old car dealership to build 111 flats rejected
- 4 Dad avoids jail after downloading indecent images of children
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Arrest made after dog stolen in suspected knifepoint robbery
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Home care provider recognised among best in east of England
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Welwyn Garden City Heritage Trust and the picnic of the Polish Saturday School