Hatfield murder: man in custody
A HATFIELD man accused of murder has appeared before St Albans Crown Court today (Friday).
Richard Clare, 37, stood in the dock before Judge Stephen Gullick.
He spoke only to confirm his name, before legal arguments were heard.
Clare, of Fern Dells, is accused of stabbing 43-year-old Peter McConnell on March 21.
Mr McConnell’s remains were found buried in the garden of Clare’s home in April.
You may also want to watch:
Clare was expected to enter a plea at today’s hearing, but the charge was not put to him.
Judge Gullick said: “Richard Clare you are next before the court on September 17, pending that hearing you are remanded in custody.”
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 6 Student gets programming with Code Ninjas
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Travel business calls for Grant Shapps visit to ‘see what a travel agent is’
- 9 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
A three-week trial is set to take place in November.