Hatfield murder: man in custody
A HATFIELD man accused of murder has appeared before St Albans Crown Court today (Friday).
Richard Clare, 37, stood in the dock before Judge Stephen Gullick.
He spoke only to confirm his name, before legal arguments were heard.
Clare, of Fern Dells, is accused of stabbing 43-year-old Peter McConnell on March 21.
Mr McConnell’s remains were found buried in the garden of Clare’s home in April.
You may also want to watch:
Clare was expected to enter a plea at today’s hearing, but the charge was not put to him.
Judge Gullick said: “Richard Clare you are next before the court on September 17, pending that hearing you are remanded in custody.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
A three-week trial is set to take place in November.