Hatfield murder: man in custody
A HATFIELD man accused of murder has appeared before St Albans Crown Court today (Friday).
Richard Clare, 37, stood in the dock before Judge Stephen Gullick.
He spoke only to confirm his name, before legal arguments were heard.
Clare, of Fern Dells, is accused of stabbing 43-year-old Peter McConnell on March 21.
Mr McConnell’s remains were found buried in the garden of Clare’s home in April.
You may also want to watch:
Clare was expected to enter a plea at today’s hearing, but the charge was not put to him.
Judge Gullick said: “Richard Clare you are next before the court on September 17, pending that hearing you are remanded in custody.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 8 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
A three-week trial is set to take place in November.