Hatfield murder: man in court
A HATFIELD resident accused of murdering a man found buried in his garden has pleaded not guilty.
Richard Clare is charged with killing 43-year-old Peter McConnell on March 21.
A post-mortem examination revealed Mr McConnell, also from Hatfield, died of a single stab wound.
His remains were found buried in the garden of Clare’s home in Fern Dells.
Clare, 38, appeared at St Albans Crown Court on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
A three-week trial is due to take place in November.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 9 Nursey goes 'climate positive' by offsetting their carbon footprint
- 10 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades