Hatfield murder: man in court
A HATFIELD resident accused of murdering a man found buried in his garden has pleaded not guilty.
Richard Clare is charged with killing 43-year-old Peter McConnell on March 21.
A post-mortem examination revealed Mr McConnell, also from Hatfield, died of a single stab wound.
His remains were found buried in the garden of Clare’s home in Fern Dells.
Clare, 38, appeared at St Albans Crown Court on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
A three-week trial is due to take place in November.
- 1 Hertsmere MP Oliver Dowden appointed Tory co-chairman but loses secretary role
- 2 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 18 Insulate Britain protesters arrested at M25 and A1 demonstrations
- 7 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 8 Historic Green Belt site under threat
- 9 M25 by South Mimms blocked by climate protesters
- 10 Boy hit by car during Hatfield altercation