Hatfield murder investigation: Forensic officers on the scene of suspected killing
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old man is currently being questioned by police following the death of a four-year-old girl in Hatfield.
The youngster named locally as Alexa Wheatley died at the Lister Hospital yesterday morning (Wednesday).
A cause of death is yet to be confirmed.
Forensic officers were on the scene at Queen Bee Court, off Cunningham Avenue, this afternoon.
Neighbours reacted with shock to the news.
You may also want to watch:
Aiesha Weekes, 20, a sociology student at The University of Hertfordshire, said: “I don’t know what exactly happened, I know a murder happened.
“I saw a kid carried out.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 10 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
“I’m sad it happened and I’m surprised, it’s quite a peaceful area.”
Police have confirmed that the man was arrested at the scene shortly after 9.30am yesterday and has been in police custody on suspicion of murder since.