Hatfield moped rider guilty of 10 crimes
A MOPED rider was convicted of 10 driving offences and fined just �165 for the lot.
Hatfield man Lee Rice was involved in a crash on Station Road, Smallford, in July last year.
He told police then he had just bought the moped and was taking it home to have it fixed up.
The 22-year-old from Haltside appeared at Central Herts Magistrates’ Court in St Albans charged with:
? Driving with no insurance.
You may also want to watch:
? Driving without a licence.
? Using a vehicle with a defective steering gear.
- 1 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 2 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
- 10 70-year-old dies following single-vehicle collision in Welwyn
? Using a vehicle with an incorrectly inflated tyre.
? Using a vehicle with no speedometer fitted.
? Using a vehicle with no horn fitted.
? Driving a vehicle with no registration plate.
? Using a vehicle likely to cause danger.
? Failing to wear a helmet.
? Driving without due care and attention.
The last charge read: “On July 17 the defendant drove on Station Road without due care and attention in that in medium traffic, with dry roads and clear visibility, you failed to observe correct lane discipline while attempting to overtake vehicles ahead.
“As a result you collided with an on-coming vehicle in the opposite lane while riding on the wrong side of the road.”
He pleaded guilty to all charges and was given a �100 fine for no insurance, �65 for driving without due care and attention and no separate penalty on all the others.
He was also disqualified from driving for one year and made to pay court costs of �50.