Hatfield manager makes Waiter of the Year regional finals
GREAT food can mean very little if the service isn’t up to scratch – but that won’t be a problem for diners at a restaurant in Hatfield.
Christie McVeigh, restaurant manager of the Outsidein Restaurant at Beales Hotel in Comet Way, has just competed in the regional finals of the Young Waiter of The Year Awards.
The 19-year-old competed against staff from prestigous eateries such as The Ritz and Raymond Blanc’s Le Manior aux Quat’Saison, performing a ‘live’ three hour serve in front of judges, in the traditional garadon style of carving and filleting dishes at customers’ tables.
Competitors also had to select a wine to accompany each course.
“It was quite nerve racking and so different when judges are watching your every move but it was also great fun to meet so many colleagues from other restaurants and hotels,” said Christie.
You may also want to watch:
Despite missing out on the national finals by a single point, Christie was undeterred.
“Next year I hope to do even better and get to the finals,” she said.
- 1 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 2 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 Welwyn Garden City one step closer FA Cup dreamland with deserved victory at Bedford Town
- 10 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend