Hatfield manager makes Waiter of the Year regional finals
GREAT food can mean very little if the service isn’t up to scratch – but that won’t be a problem for diners at a restaurant in Hatfield.
Christie McVeigh, restaurant manager of the Outsidein Restaurant at Beales Hotel in Comet Way, has just competed in the regional finals of the Young Waiter of The Year Awards.
The 19-year-old competed against staff from prestigous eateries such as The Ritz and Raymond Blanc’s Le Manior aux Quat’Saison, performing a ‘live’ three hour serve in front of judges, in the traditional garadon style of carving and filleting dishes at customers’ tables.
Competitors also had to select a wine to accompany each course.
“It was quite nerve racking and so different when judges are watching your every move but it was also great fun to meet so many colleagues from other restaurants and hotels,” said Christie.
You may also want to watch:
Despite missing out on the national finals by a single point, Christie was undeterred.
“Next year I hope to do even better and get to the finals,” she said.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM