Hatfield man sent down for raid on 87-year-old’s home
A RAID on an 87-year-old woman’s home, where almost �1000 was stolen, has seen a man jailed for seven months.
Mark Warner from Talbot Road, in Hatfield, broke into his neighbour’s property on January 11, this year, and took a wallet containing �960.
Detective constable Rachael Gallagher said: “This was a despicable offence.
“Warner entered the property without his neighbour’s permission and helped himself to a substantial amount of money.
“I am pleased he has been given a custodial sentence and I hope he uses the time to consider his actions.”
You may also want to watch:
Warner, 22, pleaded guilty to the burglary at St Albans Crown Court, on Tuesday August 31, and on Thursday was given his sentence while being ordered to pay back the full amount he stole back to the victim.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 8 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Pupils present check from Captain Tom 100 Challenge to charity