Hatfield man sent down for raid on 87-year-old’s home
A RAID on an 87-year-old woman’s home, where almost �1000 was stolen, has seen a man jailed for seven months.
Mark Warner from Talbot Road, in Hatfield, broke into his neighbour’s property on January 11, this year, and took a wallet containing �960.
Detective constable Rachael Gallagher said: “This was a despicable offence.
“Warner entered the property without his neighbour’s permission and helped himself to a substantial amount of money.
“I am pleased he has been given a custodial sentence and I hope he uses the time to consider his actions.”
You may also want to watch:
Warner, 22, pleaded guilty to the burglary at St Albans Crown Court, on Tuesday August 31, and on Thursday was given his sentence while being ordered to pay back the full amount he stole back to the victim.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank