Hatfield man jailed after admitting GBH
A MAN who knifed his housemate in the chest has been jailed – after changing his plea three days into his trial for attempted murder. Elshod Saidov, 23, from Uzbekistan, had denied inflicting
A MAN who knifed his housemate in the chest has been jailed - after changing his plea three days into his trial for attempted murder.
Elshod Saidov, 23, from Uzbekistan, had denied inflicting "life-threatening" wounds on his countryman Feruz Botirov at their shared home in Crop Common, Hatfield.
He also denied a lesser charge of grievous bodily harm (GBH).
But at St Albans Crown Court on Wednesday, Saidov changed his plea and admitted causing grievous bodily harm to Mr Botirov, 25.
You may also want to watch:
After discharging the jury, Judge Michael Baker QC sentenced Saidov to six years eight and months in prison.
The attempted murder charge was ordered to lie on file.
- 1 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 2 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 3 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 4 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 7 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
For more on this story, including police reaction to the conviction, see Wednesday's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.