Hatfield man jailed after admitting GBH
A MAN who knifed his housemate in the chest has been jailed – after changing his plea three days into his trial for attempted murder. Elshod Saidov, 23, from Uzbekistan, had denied inflicting
A MAN who knifed his housemate in the chest has been jailed - after changing his plea three days into his trial for attempted murder.
Elshod Saidov, 23, from Uzbekistan, had denied inflicting "life-threatening" wounds on his countryman Feruz Botirov at their shared home in Crop Common, Hatfield.
He also denied a lesser charge of grievous bodily harm (GBH).
But at St Albans Crown Court on Wednesday, Saidov changed his plea and admitted causing grievous bodily harm to Mr Botirov, 25.
You may also want to watch:
After discharging the jury, Judge Michael Baker QC sentenced Saidov to six years eight and months in prison.
The attempted murder charge was ordered to lie on file.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 New car park proposed for park
For more on this story, including police reaction to the conviction, see Wednesday's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.