Hatfield man jailed after admitting GBH
A MAN who knifed his housemate in the chest has been jailed – after changing his plea three days into his trial for attempted murder. Elshod Saidov, 23, from Uzbekistan, had denied inflicting
A MAN who knifed his housemate in the chest has been jailed - after changing his plea three days into his trial for attempted murder.
Elshod Saidov, 23, from Uzbekistan, had denied inflicting "life-threatening" wounds on his countryman Feruz Botirov at their shared home in Crop Common, Hatfield.
He also denied a lesser charge of grievous bodily harm (GBH).
But at St Albans Crown Court on Wednesday, Saidov changed his plea and admitted causing grievous bodily harm to Mr Botirov, 25.
You may also want to watch:
After discharging the jury, Judge Michael Baker QC sentenced Saidov to six years eight and months in prison.
The attempted murder charge was ordered to lie on file.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 4 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
For more on this story, including police reaction to the conviction, see Wednesday's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.