Hatfield man dies on holiday in Turkey
A SECURITY guard from Hatfield died suddenly while on holiday in Turkey.
Tony Woodland died on November 5 during a break with his wife Karen and sister-in-law Anita Dance in the Mediterranean resort of Antalya.
They had arrived in the country on Saturday, October 17, where they were staying at the five-star Titanic Hotel on Lara Beach.
Mr Woodland, 57, had complained of feeling tired and unwell, and the next day he went to his hotel room for a rest.
But his condition worsened, and he was taken to the nearby Lara hospital, where he was put on oxygen and given antibiotics.
You may also want to watch:
He had started to improve, but then the following morning was put on life support in intensive care.
He died two weeks later.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
An inquest into Mr Woodland’s death was opened and adjourned on Friday at Hatfield Coroner’s Court, pending histology results.
Returning home this week, his devasated widow is demanding answers about her husband’s tragic death.
? For more, and tributes to Mr Woodland, read this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out now.