Hatfield man dies on holiday in Turkey
A SECURITY guard from Hatfield died suddenly while on holiday in Turkey.
Tony Woodland died on November 5 during a break with his wife Karen and sister-in-law Anita Dance in the Mediterranean resort of Antalya.
They had arrived in the country on Saturday, October 17, where they were staying at the five-star Titanic Hotel on Lara Beach.
Mr Woodland, 57, had complained of feeling tired and unwell, and the next day he went to his hotel room for a rest.
But his condition worsened, and he was taken to the nearby Lara hospital, where he was put on oxygen and given antibiotics.
You may also want to watch:
He had started to improve, but then the following morning was put on life support in intensive care.
He died two weeks later.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 10 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
An inquest into Mr Woodland’s death was opened and adjourned on Friday at Hatfield Coroner’s Court, pending histology results.
Returning home this week, his devasated widow is demanding answers about her husband’s tragic death.
? For more, and tributes to Mr Woodland, read this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out now.