Hatfield man dies on holiday in Turkey
A SECURITY guard from Hatfield died suddenly while on holiday in Turkey.
Tony Woodland died on November 5 during a break with his wife Karen and sister-in-law Anita Dance in the Mediterranean resort of Antalya.
They had arrived in the country on Saturday, October 17, where they were staying at the five-star Titanic Hotel on Lara Beach.
Mr Woodland, 57, had complained of feeling tired and unwell, and the next day he went to his hotel room for a rest.
But his condition worsened, and he was taken to the nearby Lara hospital, where he was put on oxygen and given antibiotics.
You may also want to watch:
He had started to improve, but then the following morning was put on life support in intensive care.
He died two weeks later.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park
An inquest into Mr Woodland’s death was opened and adjourned on Friday at Hatfield Coroner’s Court, pending histology results.
Returning home this week, his devasated widow is demanding answers about her husband’s tragic death.
? For more, and tributes to Mr Woodland, read this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out now.