Hatfield man charged with murder
A MAN from Hatfield has been charged with murder.
Richard Clare, 37, of Fern Dells, will appear before magistrates this morning (Monday).
He has been charged with the murder of 43-year-old Hatfield man Peter McConnell on March 21, although no body has been found.
Neighbours told the Welwyn Hatfield Times a large bonfire was seen at the address, which backs on to university land, on that date.
One resident said the smell was “acrid”.
You may also want to watch:
“This wasn’t your average garden waste. It burnt for over an hour,” he said.
A police spokeswoman said they cannot confirm whether the bonfire is linked at this time.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 8 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 9 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Forensic teams are currently at the scene and are about to enter the property.