Hatfield man charged with murder
A MAN from Hatfield has been charged with murder.
Richard Clare, 37, of Fern Dells, will appear before magistrates this morning (Monday).
He has been charged with the murder of 43-year-old Hatfield man Peter McConnell on March 21, although no body has been found.
Neighbours told the Welwyn Hatfield Times a large bonfire was seen at the address, which backs on to university land, on that date.
One resident said the smell was “acrid”.
You may also want to watch:
“This wasn’t your average garden waste. It burnt for over an hour,” he said.
A police spokeswoman said they cannot confirm whether the bonfire is linked at this time.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
Forensic teams are currently at the scene and are about to enter the property.