Hatfield man celebrates his 100th birthday
CAKE, cards and the customary communique from the Queen were the order of the day as a long-term Welwyn Hatfield resident celebrated his 100th birthday.
Widower Arthur Crane opened his telegraph from the monarch in front of 64 friends and well-wishers at a party at his Hatfield sheltered housing scheme hall on August 9.
The ex-market trader lived in Howlands, WGC, before moving into the Acacia Street complex in 1995.
Scheme manager Agnes Wiseman said: “He had a wonderful time.
“He said he felt like a king for the day.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “He is an absolute gentleman.
“It was lovely to see him so happy and he spent the rest of the week thanking people for coming to his party.”
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog