‘Hatfield is no crime hotspot’
HATFIELD has been ranked alongside inner city London, Manchester and Merseyside as one of the top seven crime hotspots in the country.
But this week residents have hit back in today’s Welwyn Hatfield Times blasting the claim as “a ridiculous misrepresentation of our town”.
Saturday’s Daily Mirror suggested Hatfield was a hotspot for “suspicious activity reports” – by banks and financial institutions briefed to alert police to possible money laundering.
It added police have “300 organised crime suspects on their radar”.
But Hatfield resident Mark Lampert said the claims were ridiculous.
You may also want to watch:
To read the full story buy the Welwyn Hatfield Times out now.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield