‘Hatfield is no crime hotspot’
HATFIELD has been ranked alongside inner city London, Manchester and Merseyside as one of the top seven crime hotspots in the country.
But this week residents have hit back in today’s Welwyn Hatfield Times blasting the claim as “a ridiculous misrepresentation of our town”.
Saturday’s Daily Mirror suggested Hatfield was a hotspot for “suspicious activity reports” – by banks and financial institutions briefed to alert police to possible money laundering.
It added police have “300 organised crime suspects on their radar”.
But Hatfield resident Mark Lampert said the claims were ridiculous.
You may also want to watch:
To read the full story buy the Welwyn Hatfield Times out now.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan