Hatfield incinerator meeting takes place tonight
A PUBLIC meeting to mobilise opposition against the planned New Barnfield incinerator will take place tonight (Monday).
The gathering will be held at St John’s Youth and Community Centre, in Bishops Rise, South Hatfield.
It will give residents the opportunity to hear the latest developments in the long-running saga and plan future campaigning activities.
Speakers will include air pollution expert Dr Dick Van Steenis.
Lib Dem parliamentary candidate Paul Zukowskyj said the meeting offered people the chance to co-ordinate and organise opposition to the council’s “barmy” plans.
You may also want to watch:
“I urge everyone in South Hatfield that has any desire to make their area a better place to live to come along to the meeting,” he said.
“You need to make sure your voice is heard and together we can get the Conservatives at county hall to see sense and abandon these absurd plans.”
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 4 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season
The meeting starts at 7.30pm.