Hatfield incinerator meeting takes place tonight
A PUBLIC meeting to mobilise opposition against the planned New Barnfield incinerator will take place tonight (Monday).
The gathering will be held at St John’s Youth and Community Centre, in Bishops Rise, South Hatfield.
It will give residents the opportunity to hear the latest developments in the long-running saga and plan future campaigning activities.
Speakers will include air pollution expert Dr Dick Van Steenis.
Lib Dem parliamentary candidate Paul Zukowskyj said the meeting offered people the chance to co-ordinate and organise opposition to the council’s “barmy” plans.
You may also want to watch:
“I urge everyone in South Hatfield that has any desire to make their area a better place to live to come along to the meeting,” he said.
“You need to make sure your voice is heard and together we can get the Conservatives at county hall to see sense and abandon these absurd plans.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 5 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
The meeting starts at 7.30pm.