Hatfield House Country Show opens
BBC presenter, Matt Baker, is one of the VIP guests at a special stately home event today (Friday).
The Hatfield House Country Show, which started at 10am this morning, will run until Sunday.
Throughout the weekend there will a range of amusements including arena events, traditional breed animals, a children’s farm, steam and vintage vehicles, a fine food fair, countryside crafts, as well as home and garden products.
Not only will the show feature Countryside presenter Matt Baker throughout, but also Miss Herts, Amy Green, who was on hand to officially open the event earlier.
Matt, a former Blue Peter presenter, said: “The Country Show is a fantastic day out for all the family.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a chance for everyone to meet the animals and appreciate the countryside on what ever level suits.
“There is so much going on, from arena events, heavy horses, gun dogs plus a chance to try country pursuits and generally have fun.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
“The Dog show is one of my favourite areas as the dogs really enjoy taking part. Again it’s just for fun with categories like best legs, but good show ring experience for young dogs, their handlers and the judges!
“The fine foods area and delicious smells from the cookery theatre are a real treat.”
Tickets for the show can be purchased from the box office at Campus West, WGC, on 01707 357 117.