Hatfield House Country Show opens
BBC presenter, Matt Baker, is one of the VIP guests at a special stately home event today (Friday).
The Hatfield House Country Show, which started at 10am this morning, will run until Sunday.
Throughout the weekend there will a range of amusements including arena events, traditional breed animals, a children’s farm, steam and vintage vehicles, a fine food fair, countryside crafts, as well as home and garden products.
Not only will the show feature Countryside presenter Matt Baker throughout, but also Miss Herts, Amy Green, who was on hand to officially open the event earlier.
Matt, a former Blue Peter presenter, said: “The Country Show is a fantastic day out for all the family.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a chance for everyone to meet the animals and appreciate the countryside on what ever level suits.
“There is so much going on, from arena events, heavy horses, gun dogs plus a chance to try country pursuits and generally have fun.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 7 Nature migrations: Ospreys and other migrant visitors to Panshanger Park
- 8 Welwyn Garden Cup off on another cup adventure after dramatic FA Trophy win over Hythe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
“The Dog show is one of my favourite areas as the dogs really enjoy taking part. Again it’s just for fun with categories like best legs, but good show ring experience for young dogs, their handlers and the judges!
“The fine foods area and delicious smells from the cookery theatre are a real treat.”
Tickets for the show can be purchased from the box office at Campus West, WGC, on 01707 357 117.